BURLINGTON – StressCrete Group has announced the launch of their revolutionary new product, the VoltLock. The VoltLock is a concealed Level II Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station built into StressCrete’s popular Alexander pole. It provides a discrete and convenient way for EV owners to charge their cars. As the charging station is encased in the concrete pole, it has even more protection against tampering, helping consumers access a consistent and reliable EV charging source for their cars, while saving cities and communities on maintenance costs each year. The VoltLock is designed with communities in mind and is compatible with various EVSE suppliers to meet consumer’s specific needs. FLO®, a leading North American EV charging network operator and supplier of smart charging solutions, has been chosen by StressCrete Group as the inaugural charging equipment supplier for the VoltLock.
The VoltLock Concealed Level II EVSE Pole Benefits:
- Cavities within the base of the pole conceal the electric vehicle supply equipment, providing a safe, tamper-resistant solution.
- Offers a clean aesthetic that blends into the streetscape as all wires and equipment are concealed within the pole.
- Faster and easier installation as the charging station utilizes existing streetlighting infrastructure, saving communities both time and resources.
- The FLO Level II EVSE is a charging option that is accessible by all EV owners, no matter the make or model.
- Convenient charging option for neighborhoods with street parking as the only parking option.
- Designed to combine with FLO SmartTWO charging station, which contains an industry-leading, patented locking mechanism to protect the connector and store it safely off the ground.
“StressCrete Group is always looking for new ways to integrate technology into our infrastructure products,” said Luke van Vliet, Chief Growth Officer of StressCrete Group. “We are excited to introduce the VoltLock, a new solution that will help communities scaleup their green infrastructure by utilizing their existing streetlighting network. At StressCrete Group, our goal is to develop products that will enhance communities and create more livable cities.”
“FLO is pleased to be the inaugural supplier of EV charging equipment for the VoltLock,” said Brookes Shean, General Manager, USA East and Central Canada at FLO. “FLO and StressCrete Group share a strong focus on durable and reliable products and services, which in the case of FLO is the foundation of EV drivers’ trust in our charging stations. The VoltLock offers multiple opportunities for communities to expand EV charging infrastructure, even in demanding environments, while providing an excellent protection against many types of tampering. When combined with the patented locking mechanism in FLO’s SmartTWO charging station, this robust solution is perfect for communities looking to increase EV adoption.”