New 500 MW Hybrid Solar Plant Planned in Malaysia

0
241

UEM Group Berhad through its wholly-owned subsidiary and green industry arm, UEM Lestra Berhad (UEM Lestra) has inked an agreement with Blueleaf Energy and ITRAMAS Corporation Sdn Bhd (ITRAMAS) for the development of a 500 MW hybrid solar power plant in Malaysia.

It is part of the 1 GW hybrid solar power plant flagship venture under the National Energy Transition Roadmap. The companies plan to work with the Malaysian government for the third-party access (TPA) framework, which is important to move the project to the execution phase.

Furthermore, a shareholders’ agreement has been finalised between UEM Lestra and Blueleaf Energy to establish a joint venture named Lestra Blueleaf JV Sdn Bhd, with 51 per cent ownership by UEM Lestra and the remaining 49 per cent by Blueleaf Energy.

Additionally, a technical partner agreement has been inked between Lestra Blueleaf JV and ITRAMAS, which will provide technical services in developing a complete engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning package.

Previous articleRedeux Energy’s 450 MWdc Solar Portfolio Sold to Pine Gate Renewables
Next articleCIF to Provide USD 500 Million Loan to Philippines for Renewable Energy Transition

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here