SunPower, a leading solar technology and energy services company, recognized seven of its dealers for exceptionally designed and deployed solar projects commissioned in 2020. The awards were given at the company’s annual dealer conference, held virtually on Feb. 3 and 4, 2021. SunPower’s installing dealer base of more than 540 small and medium-sized businesses provide localized sales, installation and support to residential and commercial customers across 48 U.S. states.
“A strong network of dealers is integral to our business — they excel at their craft, are deeply ingrained in their local markets and represent the SunPower brand with incredible expertise and service,” said Norm Taffe, Executive Vice President at SunPower. “People and companies are demanding better, cleaner energy from a provider they can rely on. We’re proud to see our dealers deliver this every day, and to recognize those taking not only their installations — but also their customer service — to the next level.”
SunPower 2020 Intelegant Award Winners
Intelegant – a portmanteau combining “intelligent” and “elegant” to represent SunPower’s smart and sleek solar solutions – defines the award recognizing residential and commercial projects that exemplify the company’s commitment to outstanding system aesthetics, quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
National Residential Intelegant Award
Renova Energy, based in Palm Desert, Calif., and GreenLogic Energy, based in Southampton, NY, shared the top honor as co-National Residential Intelegant Award winners. Renova completed a 96 panel 32.2-killowat system in Mirage, Calif. that is expected to provide the customer nearly $14,000 in energy savings in the first year alone.
GreenLogic installed a 7-killowat all black inset system in Amagansett, N.Y. that meets the design standards of an architecture firm specializing in builds that integrate with the land around them.
Regional Residential Intelegant Awards
Dealers recognized for outstanding home solar projects in their respective regions included:
- Berger Solar Electric from Bishop, Calif. for a 16-kilowatt system installed to power a multi-unit home and electric vehicles in Bishop.
- SunPower by Freedom Solar from Austin, Texas for a 9.9-kilowatt system designed to evoke the arcade game Space Invaders in San Antonio.
- Tayco Electric and Solar Inc. from Indian Trail, N.C. for an 11-kilowatt system installed for a design-minded architect in Charlotte.
National Commercial Intelegant Award
Trinity Power based in Fresno, Calif., secured the National Commercial Intelegant Award for a 902-kilowatt SunPower® Helix ® Carport at the Fresno Grizzlies Baseball Club. The 1,920-panel installation provides ample shade for fans, helps lower electricity costs for the team and clean energy to power the field during home games.
Regional Commercial Intelegant Awards
Dealers recognized for outstanding commercial solar projects in their respective regions included:
- Hawaii Unified Industries LLC from Waianae, Hawaii for a 226-kilowat Helix® Roof Dual Tilt system on an ocean-front resort in Lahaina.
- General Energy Corporation from Elk Grove Village, Ill., for a 700-kilowatt Helix® Roof system installed at a beer and wine distribution company in Gurnee.