IRENA Virtual Renewable Energy Training is IRENA’s response to the growing interest in renewables among young people. The programme aims to prepare the future generation of global energy professionals.
Trainees will be exposed to a range of topics related to the energy transition and will have the opportunity to develop their own innovative solutions to global energy challenges. The programme runs for a period of three months and is open to final year undergraduate students currently based in the United Arab Emirates, or those with direct family in the Emirates.
Trainees will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to address urgent energy challenges. The programme will be delivered through a combination of lectures from IRENA staff, interactive discussions and group tasks. The course will run for three months between March and June 2021.
Focus Areas of IRENA Virtual Training
- Renewable energy technologies and end uses
- International cooperation for the energy transition
- Energy policy making
- Energy statistics and targets
- Energy access and off-grid applications
- Socio-economic benefits of renewable energy
- Innovation for a renewable-powered future
- Capacity building and support to countries
- Students pursuing the final year of their undergraduate degree
- Students currently based, or have direct family based, in the UAE
Interested candidates must express their interest by filling in the form at the link below no later than close of business (18:00 GST) on 14 February 2021 and include the following:
- A comprehensive CV stating the university, undergraduate programme, and certifications;
- A copy of a valid passport/ID;
- A 500-word Personal Statement highlighting the reasons for applying to the programme and detailing any relevant experience.
For more information please visit: https://www.irena.org